Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Recovery

It's only been a little over 2 weeks, but my recovery from the Houston Marathon is coming along fairly well. The soreness is long gone and the only remaining problem is that it takes a lot of effort to run at a pace that used to be fairly easy. I ran 14 miles on Sunday and 6 miles yesterday and am actually now in the taper period for the Austin Marathon on February 17. Hopefully between now and then my muscles will fully recover and I'll be able to have a good race.

The following link shows an elite female runner at the end of her first marathon. It's a distance that can humble even the best and the fact that she can barely move her feet is shown by the fact that she falls 3 times in the last 300m of the race, the last time less than 10m from the finish line.

Watch

2 comments:

Lars Larson said...

I can't believe you are doing another one...how about 50 marathons in 50 days...is that next?

By the way, I don't care who you are, if you aren't on the verge of tears by the end of that video then you are no kind of runner and maybe no kind of person. That was absolutely incredible!

Bull said...

No, I don't think I'll ever do anything that crazy. But, I may never do anything this crazy again either. I really shouldn't be running two marathons this close together and I was advised against it, but I really wanted to try Houston and Austin is my home race, so...