Wednesday, March 07, 2007

First Run

I went out for a run for the first time in two and a half weeks this morning. It feels like it's been years. My butt muscles are still sore and stiff, but other than feeling lethargic I felt good. No watch, no heart rate monitor, just a peaceful morning jog with the dogs on a beautiful crisp morning after walking with my daughter to school.

My primary goal right now is losing weight. I'm limiting myself to about 1800 calories a day whether I exercise or not, so my running will probably be pretty limited for a couple of months. I'm down to about 224 right now and trending to about 215 by the end of May according to DietPower. We'll see if I can't get it trending to my actual goal of 200.

In the meantime I plan to just run for the joy of running.

No comments: