Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Aspirations

In the linked post is a list of "new commandments." I'd have commented there but the verification phrases no longer show up in Firefox so I can't comment on blogger right now. Anyway, here's my comment to that post.

Those are all good and seem to focus on how to peacefully coexist. I think that what is missing is a concept from Mormonism that I rather like: eternal progression. I don't think we should be content with the status quo and should strive to improve not only ourselves but the world around us. For me, godliness or divinity is manifest in the need to create and organize. In that regard we can all truly aspire to be gods.

The opposite of that quality is the dark side of humanity that is destructive and seeks to tear things down.

No comments: