Monday, July 17, 2006

Hotter Than Blue Blazes

It was 77 degrees at 6:15 this morning. It will be over 100 degrees by late afternoon. Again. Running really sucks in this weather and the combination of heat, a sore hamstring, and general fatigue has resulted in me not getting out and doing much running. It's been a week since my last run and I felt like crap this morning as I plodded around my 4.5 mile loop. On a positive note, my swimming is improving. I swam twice last week and was able to swim 800 m in 30 minutes. I did 400 m of breast stroke and 400 m of crawl. It's getting easier with practice and it seems to be helping my shoulders and hips.

Dieting sucks. Everyone knows that, so no great revelation there. But since losing 35 pounds a couple of years ago I haven't been successful in taking off the next 30. Well, I'm determined to lose it and I've started tracking calories with Dietpower again. But, I'm better at increasing the calories burnt by running than I am at reducing calories eaten and like I just said, I haven't been burning many calories. The result is that I've actually gained weight since I started my diet. Time to buckle down and make sure that I do some cardio every day.

2 comments:

Cyn Bagley said...

Yea.. it is hot here too.

Don't hurt yourself... We had runners drop over dead in the Florida heat when I was in the Navy. And, they were in good shape too.

Anonymous said...

glad you are blogging again.