Someone commented that I seem angry with the Mormon church. So, in that spirit, here's the top 10 reasons I'm angry with them.
10) For leaving me with an obsessive, compulsive need to read and post to exmormon mailing lists and forums.
9) For enlisting me to teach lies to innocent victims.
8) For 20 years of wearing the most unattractive, uncomfortable excuse for underwear ever invented.
7) For the wasted time I could have spent doing fulfilling things for myself or my family
6) For the countless hours spent listening to the same insipid lessons every Sunday.
5) For making it necessary for every activity to have a "priesthood purpose."
4) For making me view every person I meet as a potential convert.
3) For making me never feel good enough.
2) For lying to me in order to get my money and my free labor.
1) For teaching my wife to believe that I'm a defective husband that "she is stuck with."
I'm sorry, but I have every right to be angry and bitter at the Mormon church. But if half of my immediate family wasn't still living under their delusional spell, then I'd have left it far behind and never given it another thought.