Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Top 10 Reasons I'm Still Angry

Someone commented that I seem angry with the Mormon church. So, in that spirit, here's the top 10 reasons I'm angry with them.

10) For leaving me with an obsessive, compulsive need to read and post to exmormon mailing lists and forums.
9) For enlisting me to teach lies to innocent victims.
8) For 20 years of wearing the most unattractive, uncomfortable excuse for underwear ever invented.
7) For the wasted time I could have spent doing fulfilling things for myself or my family
6) For the countless hours spent listening to the same insipid lessons every Sunday.
5) For making it necessary for every activity to have a "priesthood purpose."
4) For making me view every person I meet as a potential convert.
3) For making me never feel good enough.
2) For lying to me in order to get my money and my free labor.
1) For teaching my wife to believe that I'm a defective husband that "she is stuck with."

I'm sorry, but I have every right to be angry and bitter at the Mormon church. But if half of my immediate family wasn't still living under their delusional spell, then I'd have left it far behind and never given it another thought.

2 comments:

Cyn Bagley said...

Good stuff... for a religion that supposedly advocates families, they spend a lot of time keeping them split up. LOL

Dennis said...

What they did to you? Are you all claiming to be some kind of pathetic victims? Look at all the good the church does in the world. No other religous organization devotes near the resources per capita than the Mormon church. If you don't believe that you become a better person by serving others you are obviously self-centered. What's in it for me? That's not a Christ-like attitude no matter what faith you embrace.

I think your "anger" can all be summed up by your #1 reason. You obviously had some sort of falling out with the wife that you now blame on the church instead of manning up to the responsibility. Fault finders will always look outward and never look inward.